Hatch is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Copy and Content Marketer to join our fast growing Marketing team! You have the unique ability to tell stories and get others engaged with written word, audio and video. Basically, you are the one at the party everyone wants to hang out with.
In this role, you will utilize a variety of writing styles to tell valuable stories that help our customers. You will be telling these stories via blogs, emails, videos, podcasts and conferences. You uphold Hatch’s Brand Guidelines in your voice, tone and delivery of content for web pages, social media channels and any additional channels as needed at start-up speed. You will be responsible for monitoring and measuring content success, providing insights on performance of content and recommendations for content optimization to the Growth Marketing Manager and the Hatch executive team.
- Review and analyze our site for areas that need to improved, deleted, or revised.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports.
- Identify the least expensive but most powerful and profitable keywords for client sites.
- Run pay-per-click campaigns.
- Improve a company's organic search results.
- Write effective headlines, body copy, and websites.
- Ensure websites are filled with optimal keywords.
- Place keywords appropriately in copy to gain most search engine traffic.
- Write effective call-to-action statements.
- Write original, powerful SEO content for blogs and websites.
- Implement off-page SEO content strategies such as coding.
- Effectively use header tags.
- Keep abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to violate search engine guidelines.
- Strategize ways to improve and track site performance.
- Compile and present SEO performance reports.
- Adjust PPC campaigns as needed.
- Consult with independent web designers to improve the navigation of a site to enhance its search engine ranking.
- Utilize basic programming and web design skills to enhance SEO.
- Create advanced SEO strategies.
- Evaluate product offering, traffic, landing page quality, content, design, security, payment options, shipping options, demographics of prospective customers when determining keywords and campaigns.
What To Expect
In Your First 30 days
- Learn and understand Hatch’s customers and potential customers - what motivates them and how they think will be key to providing these folks with valuable content.
- Work with Sales and listen and engage on sales calls
- Work with Client Success and listen and engage on Client Success calls
- 100% understanding of Hatch’s product and UVP’s in the market
- Work with our Growth Marketing Manager and Exec team on Content Roadmap
- You are now starting to be able to provide valuable content for our targeted verticals - Home Services, Auto, Insurance, and Mortgage.
- Curate lists of companies within the Home Services, Auto, Insurance, and Mortgage industries that fit our UVP and begin developing content surrounding these company’s specific pain points.
First 60 days
- You are now becoming a MASTER of how our UVP’s match up with our customers pain points. You can articulate those points in writing, audio and video concepts.
- Executing our Content Roadmap using all channels - Email, Social, Website, Video, Audio
- You now see a clear path to using Content to support our Demand Generation Efforts and MQL and SQL goals for 2019/2020
After 90 days
- Mastered our Brand Voice and UVP and positioning in the market
- Mastered writing and publishing of written, audio and video content based on metrics that get the most engagement and create the most demand generation
- Continued iteration of our content creation strategy based on your expert knowledge of Hatch’s customers and what reactions they are getting to your content.
- Gaining an understanding of how we will scale this content in multiple verticals
After six months
- Own and manage Hubspot and our entire database
- Prioritize projects based impact to lead velocity
- Work cross-departmentally to create campaigns that engage and convert prospects
- Assist in leveraging our trade show efforts into measurable MQSLs
What We Look For
- Outstanding writing skills
- Outstanding video skills
- Experience with proofreading
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Previous working experience as a copywriter for 2+ years.
- BA degree in Literature, Journalism, Marketing or similar relevant field
- Location : Richmond, VA (no remote for this role)
- Employment Type : Full Time Only (no agencies will be considered)
- Reporting Relationship : This position reports into the CEO
- Travel : N/A