We’re looking for our first Sales Development Representative to join our fast growing sales team based in Richmond, Virginia. Our sales team is small and we’ve built a great culture where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are very metrics driven and hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. In this role you will partner with marketing and sales and drive lead generation, appointment setting, lead qualification and sales support to the Sales team.
Hatch has built the world’s most powerful Customer Engagement software for SMBs. Our mission is to help SMBs and sales teams Connect, Care and Convert more Customers. How do we do that? We provide the only SMS-Led software that automates SMB customer engagement throughout any point in the customer journey. We are comprised of a team of passionate, motivated individuals who are committed to bettering the sales and customer experience for high consideration products. In addition to this, our core values/attitudes are important traits for this role.
What To Expect
In Your First 30 days
- Become an expert in the Hatch product and its use cases.
- Understand our clients - sit in on, and listen to/watch dozens of sales presentations and implementation calls to best understand prospect and, client wants, common questions, and find opportunities to create video content to support and improve experiences for both employees and clients.
- Understand our current sales process including our Salesforce environment
- Know our competition and the industries we’re selling into (pricing, positioning, use cases)
- Run the Perfect Demo to Sales Leadership
First 60 days
- Master of our outbound sales motion
- Identify decision makers to begin the sales conversation
- Prospect into a defined list of accounts and industries and begin building a sales pipeline through outbound prospecting via email, cold calling and LinkedIn
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in Salesforce
- Report outbound activities including email, phone and LinkedIn
- Create leads and contacts in Salesforce based on customer conversations
- Partner with Account Executives to prospect into a defined territory and industry.
- Set appointments with prospects and partner with Account Executives to conduct the discovery call
After 90 days
- Conducting high level discovery and educational conversations with sales/marketing reps, VP’s and CEOs.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs)
- Use lead generation tools to discover contacts and build targeted account lists
- Support Marketing targeted lead generation initiatives
- Represent Hatch at conferences, events and meetups and be a Hatch ambassador.
What We Look For
Hatch’s Core Values
Have Grit: Building an amazing company that delivers amazing products and brings value to the world, takes perseverance and grit. Don’t give up on your first, second, third or 10th try.
Ownership: Own everything you do - all the time. Be accountable and finish what you start. Don’t point the finger. Don’t make excuses. Don’t pass the buck.
Be Invaluable: In other words, always be thinking about how to bring value. Every conversation and interaction with internal and external customers, you should be striving to bring value to that person or customer.
Be Downright Obsessed with Making Every Customer Successful: Make it your job, regardless of what your job title is. Think about things differently. Bring issues to the table, ask questions and help make things right, regardless of what your job title is.
Be a Learner: Have a thirst for learning and improving, ALWAYS. Strive to get better and always be improving.
Come with Solutions: Think about the problem or challenge and present solutions, don’t expect others to solve it for you.
Be Passionate About What You Do: You can convey that passion in a professional way, but care deeply about your work and be passionate about everything you touch.
Have Urgency in What You Do: If you’re lazy or comfortable with the status quo, you suck.
Be Collaborative: If you are an expert, bring your expertise. If you aren’t BUT you can support, listen and take in the experts feedback so you can help them accomplish their goals. Collaboration is a mindset that takes self awareness for EVERY situation.
Have a Positive and Optimistic Approach: Half the battle is looking at challenges through a different lense - approach everything through a positive and optimistic lense, where solving problems aren’t impossible and everything IS possible.
- Location : Richmond, VA (no remote for this role)
- Employment Type : Full Time Only (no contract or part-time)
- Reporting Relationship : This position reports into the Head of Sales
- Travel : Light (1x per Quarter)