The Head of Marketing at Hatch is the primary creative engine for delivering the message of our brand, product, and impact on the industries we serve to generate high quality MQSLs. This person will be responsible for establishing, and managing high value partnerships and event participation that drive awareness, leads, and sales opportunities. The role, and company, requires a dynamic “doer” who is willing to prioritize impact and results over title as well as own the reporting and KPIs across the entire customer lifecycle. This role will require leveraging your network to recruit, onboard, and lead a small - but high performing - team.
Our marketing leader will work closely with Product and Sales to manage short and long term projects. The right candidate will have substantial experience creating all types of marketing content, sales enablement content, developing lead lists from scratch, and building effective lead nurture campaigns. This role will also require the ability to implement and oversee the digital and demand gen strategies and messaging to ensure the right inbound marketing tactics are executed and properly measured and optimized. Lastly, because Hatch has so many raving fans, this person will have experience creating modern, highly effective word-of-mouth marketing campaigns that generate referrals.
What To Expect
In Your First 30 days
- Meet with members from the product team to understand how the software works and why, and our most common use cases.
- Understand our marketing stack - meet with members from the marketing team to understand how we promote our brand and product, how we drive demand, where our presence is online and how we communicate with clients and prospects.
- Understand our clients - sitting in on, and listen to/watch dozens of sales presentations and implementation calls to best understand prospect and client wants, common questions, and find opportunities to create video content to support and improve experiences for both employees and clients.
- Identify opportunities for product marketing, demand generation, customer engagement and any other opportunities to add value with marketing.
- Start work on updating and improving content, including the website and brand, by creating new content based on highest priority.
- Strategically examine available platforms and apps to ensure content is being widely distributed.
- Work directly with Sales on marketing and sales enablement content for tradeshows, inside sales collateral and events.
After 90 days
- Have a clear roadmap defined for high quality lead generation for the inside sales team.
- Have a working strategy tied to content and content performance.
- Established our community strategy for Hatch in the three to four verticals that we have established as our TAM.
- Relaunched our website with updated content to drive traffic and convert traffic to inbound leads.
- Work with the video marketing project team and ensure that aligns with our marketing goals, resources, and process management standards (i.e. Trello updates, statuses, etc.)
- Produce and/or direct video content for Landing Pages, Emails, Social Media, YouTube and other video platforms.
- Work with video and growth marketing team to execute on all content across all mediums.
After six months
- Own and manage all of Hatch’s marketing efforts.
- Prioritize projects based on relevance and impact to the company performance.
- You are hitting 100% of your Lead Goal and improving conversions
- We have established Hatch as a mini-brand in the industries we are targeting
- Work cross-departmentally to create content that either engage customers, prospects, or improve conversion rates in demand generation.
- Be seen as the go-to person for all things marketing.
What We Look For
- BA in Business/Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years in Marketing (across field/events, partnerships, digital, and lead gen)
- 3+ years owning/managing a Marketing team or department in a SaaS business
- Advanced comprehension of Home Services Industry and/or SMB owner/operators
- Experience building and managing partnerships.
- Experience in creating a winning software category leader
- Advanced level capabilities with Salesforce.com, Hubspot, Trello, G-Suite, Adobe, Adwords, etc.
- Leads by example, holds herself to the absolute highest standards
- The ability and willingness to work from 8-5 and strategize from 5-8.
- Experience in high velocity marketing and sales teams
- Experience in startup environment - achieving major results with a minor budget
- Excellent short and long-form writing skills (short form video creation skills a major plus).
- Excellent relationship and people skills
- The ability to creatively think and problem-solve rapidly
- Nice to have experience, public speaking at events
- Location : Richmond, VA (open to Washington, DC)
- Employment Type : Full Time Only (no contract or part time)
- Reporting Relationship : This position reports into the CEO/COO
- Travel : Light to Medium (2-3x per Quarter)